Pasta e Fagioli Full of Flavor
This pasta e fagioli has so much flavor and my recommendation is to make up a big pot. You will find that the flavor keeps improving.
The recipe calls for 3 cups of chicken broth. I make my own from scratch and I believe that makes the flavor of this dish even more enhanced.
pound ground beef
1 yellow onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 carrots, peeled & diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained
1 15 oz. can white (cannellini) beans, drained
2 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
3 cups chicken broth
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 cup ditalini pasta
Salt & pepper, to taste
Finely chopped parsley, optional
Grated parmesan, optional
- Heat a large dutch oven or a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add in the ground beef, onion, minced garlic, carrots, and celery, seasoned with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink (about 5 minutes). Drain the grease into a can.
- Add in the kidney beans, white beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, and thyme leaves into the pot. Stir to combine.
- Once the liquid starts to boil, add in the pasta.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is done.
- Serve with chopped parsley and grated parmesan, if desired.